As part of CJAC’s development, the Outreach program connects all programs together and coordinates Concerts, Library, and Education to create community events and educational experiences. CJAC founded the Social Justice Seminars with a goal to give a platform to marginalized voices as we educate and connect our audiences. This year’s events have focused on BIPOC, First Nations, and LGBTQIA artists and speakers
CJAC Social Justice Seminar Series
Our social justice seminar series seeks to engage and promote marginalized voices, especially as they intersect with Irish culture and history.
Join Dr. Tes Slominski for a discussion of her groundbreaking new book Trad Nation: Gender, Sexuality, and Race in Irish Traditional Music followed by a panel discussion with LGBTQ musicians and dancers from across the US Irish trad community. Panelists include Brett Lipshutz, flute (Milwaukee, WI); Alicia Ní Chuinn, dance (Seattle, WA); Augie Fairchild, flute (Charlottesville, VA); and Armand Aromin, fiddle and song (Providence, RI).
- Frederick Douglass Created in collaboration with the Consulates, Christine Kinealy of the Great Hunger Institute, and Dennis Brownlee with the African American Irish Diaspora Network.
- Éire - Athbheochan/Revival 1893-2018 Focused on Conradh na Gaeilge's bilingual traveling exhibition celebrating 125 years of Irish language revival.
- Meet Irish Community Services. Talk with program directors about Immigration Services, Citizenship classes, Social Services, and Youth & Family Programs.
- Anamchairde / Kindred Spirits. Commemorating the linguistic and cultural friendship between Ireland and the peoples of the First Nations.
Looking for a unique performance for a Corporate Event, Fair, Festival, or Wedding?
CJAC will connect you with a variety of entertainment including:
- Riverdance-style performances
- World-class musical acts
- Customized experiences for your special event
Ireland’s arts are one of its most valuable exports. CJAC and the Irish Outreach Coalition will bring a custom program to your school or community which can include:
- Irish Language
- Traditional Music
*Please note. Tours are not available while special events are taking place.
Bring your group of 10 or more people to tour Celtic Junction Art Center’s (CJAC) 15,000 square foot Irish Cultural Center that boasts the best of the old and the new. Experience our four unique programs with Directors from the Eoin McKiernan Library, the Irish College of Minnesota, the Celtic Junction Concert Series and its Irish Outreach Coalition.
Duration: 1 -1 ½ hours
Timing: by appointment only*
- Weekdays 10-3
- Weekends 12-3
Cost: General admission tours are $5 per person
- $5 additional p.p. for Tea, Coffee & Treats Reception
- $5 additional p.p. for a short Dance & Music Program*
Focus: Tours will cover the Cultural center and its programs. Choose to add a Tea, Coffee and Treats Reception, a Dance and Music Program, a Whiskey Tasting, and/or a Catered Lunch.
Group size: 10 - 50 people
Whiskey tastings & catered lunches are priced a la carte. Full-length, music and dance show productions are available on and off site - price upon request.
Booking: Must book a minimum of 2 weeks in advance
Interested? Email email@example.com