Previous Collaborative Projects
University of St. Thomas and O'Shaughnessy Library
Center for Irish Studies Spring Symposium - CANCELLED
Hardship to Hope: James Tuke, Archbishop Ireland and the Irish Emigration of the 1800s
Saturday, March 14, 2020, 10 am - 3pm at the John Roach Center (JRC) 126
- 10-11 a.m. - Jane Kennedy “Any Small Power”: A Tribute to James Hack Tuke (Read Jane's article "Journey to Uncertainty" in the Arts Review.)
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. - Reception in LIB 108. Official launch of "Fleeing from Famine: James Hack Tuke, a Philanthropist in the West of Ireland."
- 1-2 p.m. - Charlie Heymann "The Music of Emigration": A Talk and Performance
- 2-3 p.m. - Eamonn Wall "The Ship's Manifest: Irish-American Poet Journeys"
- 6:30 p.m. - Evening Reception: Kickin' It Irish at The Celtic Junction.
University of St. Thomas and the Center for Irish Studies
2020 O'Shaughnessy Poetry Prize Winner Ailbhe Ní Ghearbhuigh - CANCELLED
Poetry Reading by Ailbhe Ní Ghearbhuigh
Friday, April 24, 7:30 - 9 pm at the John Roach Center at UST
Free. Hear the latest winner of the annual O’Shaughnessy Poetry Award given by UST’s Center for Irish Studies read her bilingual work in English and Irish and sign copies of her books.
Saturday, April 25, 2020, 12 pm - 1 pm at the McKiernan Library at Celtic Junction Arts Center
Free and open to the public. Irish College of MN’s Lavinia Finnerty in conversation with O’Shaughnessy Poetry Prize 2020 Winner, Ailbhe Ní Ghearbhuigh. Ailbhe Ní Ghearbhuigh is an Irish poet who writes in the Irish language. Discussion will be in Irish and English. Visit her website here.
American Swedish Institute
Sept 2019 - Jan 2020
- Julmarknad performances at ASI
Sat Dec 7:
3:30 – 4 PM: Brian Miller, Ballroom
Sun Dec 8:
12:00-12:30PM – O'Shea Irish Dancers, Ballroom
2:00-2:30 PM: Charlie & Ann Heymann, Ballroom
- Dec 11
- Sun Dec 22 Music in the Mansion
2:00-3:00 PM: Laura MacKenzie, Ballroom