- This event has passed.
January 9, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
In partnership with the Irish Community Services Center of the Midwest
Did you know that Irish Community Services serves the whole Midwest?! Find out more about Immigration Services, Citizenship classes, Social Services, and Youth & Family Programs! Find out more about this great resource and talk with program directors. Read their bios below!
- Immigration services – Schedule your appointment at one of ICC’s upcoming legal clinics.
- Legal support for immigration issues through clinics and consultations
- Citizenship prep classes
- Social Services – Get support services with a licensed Irish social worker.
- Case management, group programs, and information and referral services for vulnerable individuals and those experiencing difficulties.
- All groups and communities are welcome, although our social services focus particularly on the elderly.
- Youth & Family Programs – We host regular programs accessible to all.
- Senior programming – meet via phone and Zoom
- Storytime for children and their families
- Adapted classes for adolescents with intellectual disabilities
- HeadTalk – a year-long education campaign focusing on mental wellness and designed to kick-start a community-wide conversation.
- An inter-generational podcast where kids ask seniors questions!
RSVP for the Zoom webinar at the bottom of this page. You’ll receive a link to the webinar before Jan 9th via email.
Michael Collins has been the Executive Director of Irish Community Services since 2015. Michael was born in Chicago and has spent time studying and living abroad in both Ireland and Belgium. In 2011, he worked for Ocean Youth Trust Ireland, based out of Belfast, Northern Ireland. While there, he helped bring young people from diverse backgrounds together through sailing and other outdoor activities. Michael returned to Chicago to complete his undergraduate degree in Political Science from St. Xavier University. Michael has a Master’s degree in International Relations from Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland and went on to complete an additional Master’s degree in Public International Law at the University of Kent in Brussels, Belgium.
Paul Dowling is the Director of Social Services with Irish Community Services. He attained an undergraduate degree in Social Science from the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. Paul spent a number of years working in residential and training services for individuals with developmental disabilities before completing a Masters in Social Work at the National University of Ireland, Galway. He is a licensed Social Worker in the state of Illinois.
Grace Odumosu is the Youth and Family Engagement Coordinator. She was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland and emigrated to Chicago in 2014. Grace has an extensive background in theatre, in both Dublin and Chicago. She has been working with children and young adults in the arts since she was 16. Grace holds a BA in acting from Dublin Institute of Technology and a Master’s degree in Drama therapy at NUI Maynooth.