11th Annual Minnesota Irish Music Weekend, June 14-16
Presented by the Center for Irish Music, the Minnesota Irish Music Weekend is a unique festival that pairs world-class traditional Irish musicians and teachers with learners of all ages for a weekend of workshops, lectures, a Great Session Experience and a rare and virtuosic Saturday night concert.
Each of the visiting artists is recognized for their musical mastery, and will offer insights and techniques to help learners tap into the deep roots of traditional Irish music.
2019 Master Artists
The Friel Sisters (Glasgow/Donegal)
Sheila Friel - uillean pipes, song
Clare Friel - fiddle, song
Anna Friel - flute, song
Pauline Conneely - banjo
Randal Bays - fiddle
Christian "Junior" Stevens - concertina, accordion
Brian Miller - guitar, bouzouki
...plus local teaching artists Dáithí Sproule (Altan), Sean Gavin (Bua), Mary Vanorny (fiddle), Danielle Enblom (percussive dance).
Programs & Workshops
- Irish Trad Immersion Camp - 9-12 years, intermediate level
- Teen Program - 12-19 years, intermediate-advanced level
- Adult workshops, lectures and interviews - all levels!
Concert & Public Events
- Opening Reception - June 13th, 7:00pm, $15 (free for Trad Immersion or Teen Program registrants). Location: 755 Prior Avenue North
- Great Session Experience - June 14th, 7:00pm, FREE and open to public, cash bar, bring your instruments and friends!
- MIM Master Artists Concert - June 15th, 7:30pm, don't miss this rare chance to see the Friel Sisters, Pauline Conneely, Randal Bays, Christian Stevens, and Brian Miller perform together on one stage!
- Teen Trad Showcase - June 15th, 4:45pm-5:30pm
- Plus a Saturday evening community meal!